top of page
  • William Gunderson

Lower Saucon Police Say "No Viable Threat" at SVSD


UPDATED: Saucon Valley Superintendent Jaime Vlasaty provided an emailed update to District families on 8/31/23 again reiterating that no viable threat was discovered upon investigation. Vlasaty, in her update, shared that "It is of the utmost importance to assure you that the safety and well-being of our students remain our top priority, and prompt action has been taken to address the situation."

"Throughout the process, all necessary steps were taken to ensure the safety of our students and staff," Vlasaty said in the email update. She continued, "We worked closely with law enforcement agencies and maintained transparent communication with them."

In addition to extending her sincerest appreciation with "all those involved responding to this situation", Vlasaty went on to reassure parents by saying, "we will continue to prioritize the safety and well being of our students by assessing all safety measures that are in place, positively collaborating with community partners to promote safety practices, and ensuring our counseling team is available to provide support to any students who may have been affected by these events."


In an email received by school district families at approximately 7PM on August 30, 2023, Saucon Valley Superintendent Jaime Vlasaty stated that as a result of investigation by the Lower Saucon Township Police, when the investigation was complete, "notified the District that they believe there is no viable threat".

From the email:

"On August 29, 2023, at approximately 4pm, the Saucon Valley School District Office received a call from a parent notifying us that their student arrived home and stated that during bus dismissal, a middle school student referenced having a weapon in their backpack and made a threat of a school shooting tomorrow".

The email further explains that upon receiving this call from a concerned parent, District officials "immediately" notified the Lower Saucon Township Police Department and provided all relevant details. Township police immediately started their investigation and within 2 hours, by 6pm, had completed their investigation and given the all clear - no viable threat existed.

The email goes on to state that the District has "taken action to ensure a school investigation occurs", and that once that investigation is completed, "the District will take further steps and if necessary, disciplinary action, to assure that we are safely operating our schools and there is no continued danger or sense of danger, that exists for our students, staff and families".

You can view the email in its entirety here:




bottom of page